Do you have a lot of paper waste at home or in your office? Do you want to recycle them but don’t know how or where to do it? Do you want to earn some cash rewards for recycling your paper items? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this blog post is for you.
In this blog post, we will show you how to turn your paper waste into beautiful DIY crafts with SG Recycle, the smart, convenient and rewarding recycling service for paper, textile and e-waste materials in Singapore. We will also tell you how SG Recycle can help you save money, space and resources by recycling your paper waste instead of disposing it. And we will also tell you how SG Recycle can help you reduce your environmental impact by using recycled material to produce more sustainable products, promote circular economy, and save energy and emissions.
But first, let’s talk about the problem of paper waste in Singapore and how SG Recycle can help.
## The Problem of Paper Waste in Singapore
Paper is one of the most common and recyclable materials in the world. It can be used for many purposes, such as writing, printing, packaging, wrapping, etc. However, paper is also one of the most wasteful materials in the world. According to the National Environment Agency (NEA) , paper accounted for 18% of the total waste generated in Singapore in 2020, which was about 1.26 million tonnes. That’s equivalent to about 630,000 trees being cut down every year.
Paper waste is not only a waste of natural resources, but also a source of pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. Paper waste that goes into landfills or incinerators releases methane and carbon dioxide, which contribute to global warming and climate change. Paper waste that is not properly recycled also contaminates other recyclable materials, such as plastic or metal, which reduces the quality and efficiency of recycling.
The government has set a target to increase the overall recycling rate in Singapore from 59% in 2020 to 70% by 2030 . To achieve this target, the government has implemented various policies and initiatives, such as the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) scheme , the Zero Waste Masterplan , and the Resource Sustainability Act . These policies and initiatives aim to reduce waste generation, increase waste collection and sorting, and promote waste minimisation and recycling.
However, these policies and initiatives are not enough to solve the problem of paper waste in Singapore. There is still a lack of convenient, efficient, and rewarding recycling services in Singapore that can motivate people to recycle more paper items. That’s where SG Recycle comes in.
## The Solution of SG Recycle
SG Recycle is a company that offers smart, convenient and rewarding recycling services for paper, textile and e-waste materials in Singapore. SG Recycle uses technology such as robotic waste collection machines , 100% electric vehicle fleet with AI route management , and app-based rewards to make recycling easy and fun for everyone.
By recycling your paper items with SG Recycle, you can:
– Earn cash rewards for every kilo of paper you recycle
– Save money by reducing the amount of paper that goes into your bin or landfill
– Save space by reducing the volume of paper that occupies your home or office
– Save resources by conserving natural resources such as trees, water, and energy
– Reduce your environmental impact by using recycled paper to produce more sustainable products or energy
How does it work? It’s simple. Just follow these steps:
– Find the nearest SG Recycle machine using our app or website
– Deposiy paper items using our smart machines
– Redeem your cash reward using our app or at any participating outlet
– Learn more about the benefits of recycling and the impact you make using our app , social media , or facility tours
By using these smart machines , SG Recycle ensures that the paper collected is of high quality and purity , which increases the efficiency and value of recycling . The machines also prevent paper from going into landfills or incinerators , which reduces environmental impact .
SG Recycle’s electric vehicle fleet uses AI to optimize the collection routes and reduce wasted travel. The vehicles are powered by electricity instead of diesel or petrol, which reduces the emissions from transportation. By using these electric vehicles , SG Recycle reduces its carbon footprint and improves its operational efficiency . The vehicles also save money on fuel costs and maintenance costs .
SG Recycle’s app-based rewards use gamification and behavioral economics to motivate users to recycle more paper items. The app allows users to locate the nearest machine, scan their paper items, redeem their cash rewards, track their recycling history, view their environmental impact, share their achievements with others, and access exclusive offers and discounts from partners.
By using these app-based rewards , SG Recycle creates a positive feedback loop that encourages users to recycle more paper items . The app also educates and engages users on the benefits of recycling and the impact they make .
SG Recycle is more than just a recycling service. It’s a community of people who care about the environment and want to make a difference. We have partnered with over 50 agencies, businesses, and organizations to provide recycling solutions for their offices and events. We have also recycled over 11 million kilos of paper, saving over 5 million kilos of CO2.
But we are not done yet. We have more ideas on how to reuse and repurpose paper waste into beautiful DIY crafts that you can make at home or in your office. Here are some examples of DIY crafts that you can make from recycled paper with SG Recycle.
## Example 1: Paper Flowers
Paper flowers are one of the easiest and most popular DIY crafts that you can make from recycled paper. You can use paper flowers to decorate your home, give as gifts, or celebrate occasions such as birthdays, weddings, or anniversaries. You can also use different types of paper, such as newspaper, magazine, or wrapping paper, to create different effects and styles.
Here are the steps to make paper flowers from recycled paper with SG Recycle:
– Cut out a circle from a piece of recycled paper. You can use a compass, a bowl, or a plate as a guide.
– Cut the circle into a spiral shape, starting from the edge and ending at the center.
– Roll the spiral from the outer end towards the center, forming a flower shape.
– Glue the end of the spiral to the center of the flower to secure it.
– Repeat the steps with different sizes and colors of paper circles to make more flowers.
– Arrange the flowers in a vase, a basket, or a wreath.
You can also add some embellishments to your paper flowers, such as glitter, beads, or buttons. You can also use different techniques to create different types of flowers, such as roses, lilies, or daisies. You can find more ideas and instructions on how to make paper flowers from recycled paper on this blog post: https://www.wikihow.com/Fold-Paper-Flowers
## Example 2: Paper Mache
Paper mache is another fun and creative DIY craft that you can make from recycled paper. You can use paper mache to create various shapes and objects, such as bowls, masks, or sculptures. You can also paint or decorate your paper mache creations with different materials, such as acrylic paint, fabric scraps, or stickers.
Here are the steps to make paper mache from recycled paper with SG Recycle:
– Tear up some recycled paper into small pieces. You can use any type of paper, such as newspaper, tissue paper, or cardboard.
– Mix some water and glue in a large bowl. You can also add some salt or vinegar to prevent mold growth.
– Dip the paper pieces into the glue mixture and squeeze out the excess liquid.
– Apply the paper pieces onto a mold or a frame of your desired shape. You can use balloons, bowls, boxes, or wire as molds or frames.
– Layer the paper pieces until you have a thick and smooth surface.
– Let the paper mache dry completely for at least 24 hours.
– Remove the mold or frame from the paper mache.
– Cut out any openings or details that you want on your paper mache object.
– Paint or decorate your paper mache object as you like.
You can also use different recipes for making the glue mixture for your paper mache , such as flour and water , cornstarch and water , or wallpaper paste . You can also use different methods for applying the paper pieces onto your mold or frame , such as papier colle , which involves pasting cut-out shapes of colored paper , or pulp , which involves blending wet paper into a paste . You can find more ideas and instructions on how to make paper mache from recycled paper on this blog post: https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/paper-mache-directions-1245292
## Example 3: Paper Jewellery
Paper jewellery is another amazing DIY craft that you can make from recycled paper. You can use paper jewellery to accessorize your outfit , make a statement , or support sustainable fashion . You can also use different types of paper, such as origami paper, magazine paper, or wrapping paper, to create different effects and styles.
Here are the steps to make paper jewellery from recycled paper with SG Recycle:
– Cut out some shapes from a piece of recycled paper. You can use scissors, punches, or templates to cut out different shapes, such as circles, squares, triangles, or hearts.
– Punch a hole on each shape using a hole punch or a needle. You can also use a bead reamer to enlarge the hole if needed.
– Apply some glue or varnish on both sides of each shape to make them stiff and shiny. You can also add some glitter, beads, or sequins to decorate them.
– Let the shapes dry completely for at least an hour.
– Thread a string, a wire, or a chain through the holes of the shapes to make your paper jewellery. You can also use jump rings, clasps, or hooks to connect them.
– Wear your paper jewellery and enjoy.
You can also use different techniques to make paper beads , such as rolling , folding , or coiling . You can also use different types of glue or varnish , such as mod podge , clear nail polish , or resin . You can find more ideas and instructions on how to make paper jewellery from recycled paper on this blog post: https://www.ehow.com/how_4443089_make-jewelry-paper.html
## Conclusion: Start Making Your Own DIY Crafts from Recycled Paper with SG Recycle Today
We hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned how to turn your paper waste into beautiful DIY crafts with SG Recycle. We also hope you learned how SG Recycle can help you recycle your paper waste in a smart, convenient, and rewarding way.
Now it’s your turn to try these crafts and share your results with us. We would love to see your creations and hear your feedback. You can tag us on social media with #SGRecycleCrafts and show us what you made.
You can also visit our website or download our app to find out more about our recycling service and rewards. You can also join our community and participate in our fun and educational recycling events.
So what are you waiting for? Start making your own DIY crafts from recycled paper with SG Recycle today. You’ll be surprised by how easy and rewarding it is. And you’ll also be doing your part for the environment and yourself. Happy crafting!